The National Archives home page has been updated to show visitor rules and floor plans. There are some changes concerning Readers Tickets, how to obtain one and when it needs to be used.
New procedures also mean that it can only be applied for in person, a short on-line tutorial covering document handling information needing to be completed. See the National Archives home page for further information (link above).
The LDS resources formerly at the London Family History Centre near Hyde Park and now temporarily housed at The National Archives will be there for the foreseeable future. The LDS are presently looking for a new location for them. To see what is available, browse the centres website http://www.londonfamilyhistory.org
The booking list for our next trip is now open. Click on the link below for dates. Forms can be found in The Midland Ancestor, you may photocopy it to keep your magazine complete if you wish. Alternatively I can send a form (pdf format) by email for you to print, please email me email@example.com
The Outings programme dates can be found by clicking here
All Bookings are based on the Acceptance by trippers of the Rules below.
BMSGH Coach Trip Rules
- All bookings must be paid for in advance, no money accepted on the coach.
- Bookings taken on the basis of first come first served.
- Bookings are considered firm only when paid for in full, meaning the organiser (me) being in receipt of your cheque or cash.
- Final Bookings date is 10 days before the trip date to Archive offices, 28 days for Fairs.
- Any cancellations after such times, monies are non-refundable. When Fairs Entrance Tickets are purchased by the society, (i.e. monies paid out) on trippers behalf, then no Refunds after purchase by the society.
- Substitutes/name changes after the 10 days to cover others dropping out will be from the trip organiser's waiting list.
- Organisers of sub-groups act as BMSGH agent and must ensure those sub-group members are acquainted with these rules.
- All trips subject to enough interest to make the trip economically viable and a suitable vehicle being available.
- Bookings by trippers made on the basis of acceptance of these rules. Making a booking confers upon the tripper the obligation to turn up on time so not inconveniencing anyone else on the coach.
- Organiser's decisions are final.