Church of England Churches
Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII
Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E
C of E
Yardley Wood - Christ Church School Road ( O. S GR SP 093796 )
Consecrated in 1849. A parish was assigned from St Edburgha’s, Yardley, and St Nicholas’s, Kings Norton in 1849. Parts of the parish were taken to form parts of the parishes of St Agnes, Moseley 1914. Holy Cross, Billesley Common 1937 and Immanuel, Highters Heath 1938. In 1952 parts of the parishes of Christ Church and Holy Cross were interchanged. St Joseph Mission Church, Alcester Lanes End was licensed for public worship from 1920 until the Second World War; St Mary the Virgin’s Billesley, 1923-26.
Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department
Baptist - Yardley Wood Road Yardley Wood
Chapel was opened in 1935 and replaced an earlier chapel in Slade Lane Yardley Wood.
Brethren - Glastonbury Road Yardley Wood
Gospel hall was registered for public worship from 1931 to 1948. It was said to be a meeting at this address in 1957.
Full Gospel Churches - Millpool Hall Highters Heath Alcester Road South
Church was registered for public worship in 1947.
Full Gospel Churches - Priory Road Yardley Wood
Was registered for public worship in 1945.
Methodists - Sladepool Farm Road Highters Heath
Chapel began in 1939 as a wooden school-hall established by Moseley Road Circuit to serve the growing Maypole estate. The hall was also used by the Birmingham Education Committee as a day school, and at the beginning of 1949 a separate temporary chapel was opened.
Salvation Army - Happy Valley Yardley Wood
Hall was registered for public worship in 1933.
Our Lady of Fatima Bells Lane (O S GR SP0678 )
The mission was established in 1951 and served from St Dunstan’s Kings Heath.