Click Here to go back to District Map
Acocks Green Allens Cross Ashted Aston (Gosta Green) Aston Aston (Juxta) Aston Brook Aston Manor Balsall Heath Bartley Green Bearwood Billesley Birchfield Birmingham Blackwell Bordesley (Camp Hill) Bordesley Bordesley Green Bournbrook Bournville Brandwood Bromford Brookfields California Castle Bromwich Cotteridge Deritend Duddeston Earlswood Edgbaston Erdington Great Barr Greet Hall Green Hamstead Handsworth Harborne Hay Mills Hazelwell Highgate Hockley Hodge Hill Kings Heath Kings Norton Kingstanding Ladywood Longbridge Lozells Moseley Nechells Newtown Northfield Olton Oscott Perry Barr Perry Beeches Pipe Hayes Quinton Rednal Rubery Saltley Selly Oak Shard End Sheldon Shenley Green Small Heath Smethwick Solihull South Yardley Sparkbrook Sparkhill Springfield Spring Hill Stechford Stirchley Summerfield Sutton Coldfield Ward End Washwood Heath West Heath Weoley Castle Winson Green Witton Yardley Yardley Wood RELIGIOUS HOUSES

Church of England Churches

Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII

Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E

C of E

Witton – All Saints Mission Church

Transferred to St Luke’s, Kingstanding 1948 from St John’s, Perry Barr


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Baptisms School room 1862 – 1880


C of E

Witton – All Souls Wenlock Road ( O. S GR SP 075904 )

Consecrated in 1907. In 1926 a parish was assigned out of Holy Trinity, Birchfield, and St Peter & St Paul, Aston.


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Baptisms 1907-1980

Marriages 1908-1980

Register of service 1907 – 1980

Confirmations 1935 – 1977


Non Conformist


Baptist - Moor Lane Witton

Chapel was opened in 1885. Baptist work began in this district as early as 1822, when Cannon Street Birmingham was conducting a Sunday School in Moor Lane Witton .In 1867 meetings were being held at the home of W. S. Aston first superintendent of the Witton Cemetery. The first separate place of worship, a wooden mission hall was erected in 1873. A new chapel in George Road Gravelley Hill replaced Moor Lane Witton in 1929 and in 1959 the brick chapel and the old mission hall had been converted to industrial purposes.


Judism - Warren Lane Witton

‘ Beth Chaim’ is a chapel built on a Jewish cemetery acquired in 1907. It was consecrated in 1937.


Judism - Witton Beth Chaim Witton

A chapel on the northeast portion of Birmingham city cemetery, was consecrated in 1871.


Methodists - Wyrley Road Witton

Wesley Hall as opened by the Wesleyans in 1928, the church previously met in the Council school.


Spiritualists - Witton Road Witton

Hall was registered for public worship in 1938, and reregistered by the National Spiritualists in 1944.