Click Here to go back to District Map
Acocks Green Allens Cross Ashted Aston (Gosta Green) Aston Aston (Juxta) Aston Brook Aston Manor Balsall Heath Bartley Green Bearwood Billesley Birchfield Birmingham Blackwell Bordesley (Camp Hill) Bordesley Bordesley Green Bournbrook Bournville Brandwood Bromford Brookfields California Castle Bromwich Cotteridge Deritend Duddeston Earlswood Edgbaston Erdington Great Barr Greet Hall Green Hamstead Handsworth Harborne Hay Mills Hazelwell Highgate Hockley Hodge Hill Kings Heath Kings Norton Kingstanding Ladywood Longbridge Lozells Moseley Nechells Newtown Northfield Olton Oscott Perry Barr Perry Beeches Pipe Hayes Quinton Rednal Rubery Saltley Selly Oak Shard End Sheldon Shenley Green Small Heath Smethwick Solihull South Yardley Sparkbrook Sparkhill Springfield Spring Hill Stechford Stirchley Summerfield Sutton Coldfield Ward End Washwood Heath West Heath Weoley Castle Winson Green Witton Yardley Yardley Wood RELIGIOUS HOUSES

Church of England Churches

Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII

Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E

C of E

Weoley Castle – St Gabriel Marston Road / Shenley Lane ( O. S GR SP 016819 )

Consecrated 1934. A parish was assigned out of St Laurence’s, Northfield, and St Mary’s, Selly Oak in 1933.


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Baptisms 1934-1962

Marriages 1934-1958


Non Conformist


Congregationalists and Independents -  The Square Weoley Castle

Chapel was completed in 1936. ( formerly Congregational )


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department Marriage 1950 – 1968


Congregationalists and Independents -  Weoley Castle

The Square chapel was completed in 1936. (formerly Congregational ) Weoley Castle


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department Marriage 1950 – 1968


Elim Church - Castle Square Weoley Castle

Elim Church was opened in 1946. The church was formed in 1941 by members of Graham Street, Birmingham Elim Tabernacle was opened in 1934. It was the first place of worship in Birmingham to be built for the Elim Church. The church had previously met for three years at Moseley Road Baptist Church.


Methodists - Stonehouse Lane Weoley Castle

California chapel was built shortly before 1880.


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department Baptism 1908 - 1972


Presbyterians - Green Meadow Road  Weoley Castle

Weoley Hill chapel was dedicated in 1933.


Salvation Army - Alwold Road Weoley Castle

Hall was registered for public worship I 1951.


Roman Catholic


Our Lady & St Rose Gregory Avenue (O S GR SP0282 )

The mission was established in 1933. From 1936 to 1960 mass was said in the school hall. In 1959 a large new church was begun on an adjacent site. In 1954 mass was also celebrated at Adam’s Hill School. Bartley Green. Baptisms include entries from the workhouse chapel. This is the register of the chapel of Our Lady of Sorrow in the workhouse Western Road. Later entries from 1874 are presumed to include members of the parish rather than the workhouse. Before the foundation of the parish the workhouse and the other institutions were served mainly from the Oratory.

1856 – 1879

Baptisms 1879 - 1902

Marriages 1876 - 1902

Death 1856 - 1870