Church of England Churches
Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII
Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E
C of E
Summerfield - Christ Church Summerfield Crescent / Gillott Road ( O. S GR. SP 053812 )
Consecrated in 1885, a parish being assigned from St John’s, Ladywood in the same year. Part of the parish was transferred to St Augustines’s, Edgbaston in 1906. City Road Mission Room opened in 1896 was transferred to the parish of St Augustine, Edgbaston in 1906. Old School Hall, Caplow Street has been licensed for public worship since 1908, and Cavendish Road Hall since 1914.
Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department
Salvation Army - Marroway Street Summerfield
Hall was registered for public worship in 1902.