Church of England Churches
Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII
Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E
Christian Scientists - Sandon Road Bearwood
Church the new place of worship of the Birmingham First Church was opened in 1953.
Methodists - Harborne
Preaching room, in North Harborne, was conducted in 1851 by the Methodists New Connexion.
Other Churches and Missions - Booth Street Smethwick
Zion Holiness Mission Smethwick was registered for public worship in 1956.
Other Churches and Missions - Cape Street Smethwick
Gospel Hall Smethwick was acquired by the Midland Evangelisation Trust in 1916, and was sold in 1939.
Presbyterians - Dudley Road Smethwick
Cape Chapel and school, built in 1846. In 1851 it was used for public worship on one-week day. It ceased to be registered for marriages in 1866.