Click Here to go back to District Map
Acocks Green Allens Cross Ashted Aston (Gosta Green) Aston Aston (Juxta) Aston Brook Aston Manor Balsall Heath Bartley Green Bearwood Billesley Birchfield Birmingham Blackwell Bordesley (Camp Hill) Bordesley Bordesley Green Bournbrook Bournville Brandwood Bromford Brookfields California Castle Bromwich Cotteridge Deritend Duddeston Earlswood Edgbaston Erdington Great Barr Greet Hall Green Hamstead Handsworth Harborne Hay Mills Hazelwell Highgate Hockley Hodge Hill Kings Heath Kings Norton Kingstanding Ladywood Longbridge Lozells Moseley Nechells Newtown Northfield Olton Oscott Perry Barr Perry Beeches Pipe Hayes Quinton Rednal Rubery Saltley Selly Oak Shard End Sheldon Shenley Green Small Heath Smethwick Solihull South Yardley Sparkbrook Sparkhill Springfield Spring Hill Stechford Stirchley Summerfield Sutton Coldfield Ward End Washwood Heath West Heath Weoley Castle Winson Green Witton Yardley Yardley Wood RELIGIOUS HOUSES

Church of England Churches

Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII

Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E

C of E

Quinton - Christ Church Hagley Road West ( O. S GR SO 991849 )

Built in 1841, restored in 1890 and 1928. A parish was assigned from Halesowen Parish in 1841.Part of the parish was taken to form part of the parish of St Faith & St Laurence, Harborne in 1933. St Lawrence Mission Hall, Hagley Road, was licensed for public worship1901 – 37 (a new building was dedicated to St Lawrence in 1909 ); Quinton Hall has been licensed since 1939, and the Church Hall, Quinton Road West since 1952.


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Baptisms 1840-1978

Marriages 1842-1976

Burials 1840-1964

Records baptisms at Warley Mission Room I885 – 1913

Later St Katherines Mission Room. 1898 –1913

St Hildas Mission Church Warley Woods  1907 – 1908


C of E

Quinton - St Boniface Quinton Road West (O. S GR SP013837 )

A parish was assigned out of Christ Church, The Quinton in 1958 and the new church was consecrated in 1959.


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

None  


Non Conformist


Baptist - Beeches Lanes Quinton

In 1824 a chapel was built which in 1892 Bond Street Hockley continued to supply ministry until 1877 when the mission was transferred to High Street Harborne chapel which was responsible until 1910. In 1935 a new chapel was opened at Warley, and Beeches Lane Quinton was closed.


Christadelphians - Ridgeacre Road  Quinton

Ridgeacre Hall was built in 1938. The ecclesia was associated with the Temperance Hall group.


Church of Christ - Quinton

Meeting was the successor to the Anderton Street church closed in 1933. The congregation moved first to Dudley Road Winson Green Board School and finally to the Community Hall Quinton. The meeting discontinued in 1948.


Methodists - College Road Quinton

Chapel was registered for worship by the Primitive Methodists in 1890, and appears to have replaced Quinton Bethesda Chapel.


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department Baptism 1841 –1955

Marriage 1914 -1967


Methodists - Hagley Road Quinton

Chapel was bought by the Wesleyans in 1878. it appears to have replaced the Ridgeacre Chapel Quinton built in 1780. The chapel was closed in 1935, and the congregation united with that of the former primitive Methodist chapel in College Road, Quinton.


Methodists - Quinton

Bethesda Chapel was built by the Primitive Methodists in 1840.It appears to have been replaced before 1890, by College Road chapel.


Methodists - Quinton

Ridgeacre Chapel a Wesleyan place of worship was built in 1780. It appears to have been replaced by a new chapel in Hagley Road in 1878.


Methodists - Worlds End Lane Quinton

Quinton school - chapel was opened in 1951.


Other Churches and Missions - World’s End Lane Quinton

Evangelical Free Church was registered for public worship in 1944.


Roman Catholic


Our Lady of Fatima Higgins Lane (O S GR SP0084 )

The mission was established in 1952 and served from Warley (Worcestershire).