Click Here to go back to District Map
Acocks Green Allens Cross Ashted Aston (Gosta Green) Aston Aston (Juxta) Aston Brook Aston Manor Balsall Heath Bartley Green Bearwood Billesley Birchfield Birmingham Blackwell Bordesley (Camp Hill) Bordesley Bordesley Green Bournbrook Bournville Brandwood Bromford Brookfields California Castle Bromwich Cotteridge Deritend Duddeston Earlswood Edgbaston Erdington Great Barr Greet Hall Green Hamstead Handsworth Harborne Hay Mills Hazelwell Highgate Hockley Hodge Hill Kings Heath Kings Norton Kingstanding Ladywood Longbridge Lozells Moseley Nechells Newtown Northfield Olton Oscott Perry Barr Perry Beeches Pipe Hayes Quinton Rednal Rubery Saltley Selly Oak Shard End Sheldon Shenley Green Small Heath Smethwick Solihull South Yardley Sparkbrook Sparkhill Springfield Spring Hill Stechford Stirchley Summerfield Sutton Coldfield Ward End Washwood Heath West Heath Weoley Castle Winson Green Witton Yardley Yardley Wood RELIGIOUS HOUSES

Church of England Churches

Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII

Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E

C of E

Perry Barr - Christ Church

Built 1862, Enlarged 1877.  Christ Church was a mission licensed for public worship 1866 – 1926.


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Baptisms 1863-1880


C of E

Perry Barr - St John the Evangelist Church Road (O. S GR SP 068920 )

Consecrated in 1833. A parish was assigned out of St Mary’s, Handsworth, in 1862. Parts of the parish were taken to form part of the parish of St Paul, Hamstead (1894), and the parishes of St Luke, Kingstanding (1933), and St Matthew, Perry Beeches (1949), parts were transferred in 1948 to St Luke’s, Kinstanding, and St Michaels, Boldmere. The following missions were licensed for public worship; Christ Church, Perry Barr 1866-1926, erected 1862. All Saint’s, Oscott, 1893 –1952, first used in 1886 and transferred to St Luke’s, Kingstanding in 1948.(a conventional District was attached to this mission until 1952 when it’s place was taken by St Mark’s, Kingstanding); St Mary Magdalen, Witton, 1900-26, first used in 1888; School Room, New Oscott Road 1925 –6;


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Baptisms 1833-1987

Marriages 1864-1986

Burials 1834-1931


Non Conformist


Bretheren - Open Bretheren - Beeches Road Perry Barr

Beeches Assembly Hall was registered for public worship in 1939.


Christadelphians - Heathfield Road Perry Barr

Hall in converted premises was bought in 1952 by the Birmingham North ecclesia associated with the Temperance Hall group. Previous meeting places include a hired hall in New Inn Road, Handsworth, registered for public worship from 1932 to 1941, and hired premises in Kingstanding.


Methodists - Aston Lane Perry Barr

Chapel was opened by the Wesleyan’s in 1891.


Methodists - Franchise Street Perry Barr

Meeting room was registered for public worship by the primitive Methodists from 1868 to 1896.


Methodists - Rocky Lane Perry Hall

Church was registered for public worship in 1943.


Roman Catholic


St Teresa Wellington Road ( O S GR SP0690 )

The church founded in 1940.