Click Here to go back to District Map
Acocks Green Allens Cross Ashted Aston (Gosta Green) Aston Aston (Juxta) Aston Brook Aston Manor Balsall Heath Bartley Green Bearwood Billesley Birchfield Birmingham Blackwell Bordesley (Camp Hill) Bordesley Bordesley Green Bournbrook Bournville Brandwood Bromford Brookfields California Castle Bromwich Cotteridge Deritend Duddeston Earlswood Edgbaston Erdington Great Barr Greet Hall Green Hamstead Handsworth Harborne Hay Mills Hazelwell Highgate Hockley Hodge Hill Kings Heath Kings Norton Kingstanding Ladywood Longbridge Lozells Moseley Nechells Newtown Northfield Olton Oscott Perry Barr Perry Beeches Pipe Hayes Quinton Rednal Rubery Saltley Selly Oak Shard End Sheldon Shenley Green Small Heath Smethwick Solihull South Yardley Sparkbrook Sparkhill Springfield Spring Hill Stechford Stirchley Summerfield Sutton Coldfield Ward End Washwood Heath West Heath Weoley Castle Winson Green Witton Yardley Yardley Wood RELIGIOUS HOUSES

Church of England Churches

Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII

Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E

C of E

Oscott - All Saints School Room

All saints School Room at Oscott licensed for worship from 1862. The church was consecrated in 1893 and was transferred to St Lukes Parish Kingstanding in 1948.  Baptisms 1862 – 1880


Roman Catholic


St Mary - Maryvale 1699 Maryvale House Old Oscott Hill (O.S GR SP0794)

The mission was founded about 1675 by Fr Andrew Bromwich. In 1794 St Marys College Oscott was founded in the old house at Maryvale built by Bishop Hornyold as a residence for the vicar Apostolic of the Midlands. In 1838 when Oscott College moved to New Oscott, the old college became it’s preparatory school for a few years. In 1846 Fr John Henry (Cardinal ) Newman and Fr Faber, and his fellow converts settled there and Fr Newman named it Maryvale. He returned there from Rome in 1847 as an Oratorian. The oratory settled in Birmingham in 1849 and Maryvale seems to have been occupied by the Oblates of Mary Immaculate until c. 1851. The mission was then intermittently served from New Oscott until after 1856, when it had it’s own priest. In 1851 the former college itself became an orphanage of the Sisters of Mercy. The new church opened in 1937 and consecrated in 1953. (Building now in use for Maryvale Institute, the Archdiocesan Institute of Further and Higher Education).


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department Baptisms 1761 – 1766, ( records of Piece Parry not with registers ). 1794 - 1920

Conditional baptisms 1873 - 1915

Marriages 1822 - 1935

Deaths 1852 - 1922

Confirmations 1812 – 1950

Other records available various Printed registers 1761 - 1766