Church of England Churches
Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII
Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E
C of E
Newtown - St Stephen Newtown Row (O S GR SP 074885 )
Consecrated in 1844. St Stephen’s Church was built in 1844 to serve the expanding suburban population of North Birmingham in 1844. A parish assigned out of St Georges, Birmingham in 1844 part of it was taken to form the parish of St Nicolas, Birmingham in 1869 and part of the parish of St Edward in 1899. In 1850 the church was closed and the benefice united with that of St Mary, Aston Brook; part of the parish, including the parish church, was merged with the parish of St Mary, the remainder with that of St George, Birmingham . St Edward’s mission room, licensed from 1896, later became the consecrated church of St Edward, Birmingham.
Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department
Free Church of England and reformed Episcopal Church - Ormond Street Newtown
Church hall was dedicated in 1933. The congregation was said to have been founded in1891, first registered a mission room in Ormond Street for worship in 1907.