Click Here to go back to District Map
Acocks Green Allens Cross Ashted Aston (Gosta Green) Aston Aston (Juxta) Aston Brook Aston Manor Balsall Heath Bartley Green Bearwood Billesley Birchfield Birmingham Blackwell Bordesley (Camp Hill) Bordesley Bordesley Green Bournbrook Bournville Brandwood Bromford Brookfields California Castle Bromwich Cotteridge Deritend Duddeston Earlswood Edgbaston Erdington Great Barr Greet Hall Green Hamstead Handsworth Harborne Hay Mills Hazelwell Highgate Hockley Hodge Hill Kings Heath Kings Norton Kingstanding Ladywood Longbridge Lozells Moseley Nechells Newtown Northfield Olton Oscott Perry Barr Perry Beeches Pipe Hayes Quinton Rednal Rubery Saltley Selly Oak Shard End Sheldon Shenley Green Small Heath Smethwick Solihull South Yardley Sparkbrook Sparkhill Springfield Spring Hill Stechford Stirchley Summerfield Sutton Coldfield Ward End Washwood Heath West Heath Weoley Castle Winson Green Witton Yardley Yardley Wood RELIGIOUS HOUSES

Church of England Churches

Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII

Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E

C of E

Moseley - St Agnes St Agnes Road / Colemore Crescent ( O. S. GR. SP 085825 )

Consecrated in 1884 and enlarged in 1893. A parish was assigned out of St Mary’s, Mosley and Christ Church, Yardley Wood in 1914. It was a chapel of ease to St Mary’s until 1914. Part of the parish was taken to form part of St Francis’s, Bournville (1926)


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Baptisms 1886-1939


C of E

Moseley - St Anne Park Hill ( O.S. GR. SP 075837 )

Consecrated in 1874. A parish was assigned out of St Mary’s, Moseley in 1875.


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Baptisms 1893-1894

Baptisms 1758-1960

Marriages 1875-1951

Marriages 1853-1979

Banns 1912-1964

Burials 1761-1944


C of E

Moseley - St Mary (was  Worcestershire) St Mary’s Row Moseley ( O.S GR SP 077832 )

The parish of St Anne, Mosley 1875, and parts of the parishes of All Saints, Kings Heath 1853, The Ascension, Stirchley 1912, and St Agnes, Moseley 1914, have been formed. The following places in the parish were licensed for public worship ; a temporary wooden chapel near the Oxford Road 1879 –1897; the chapel of the Society of the Incarnation, Church Road,1924-26, the Wake Green Toch H from 1936 until the Second World War and again from 1952; the Diocesan Homes for Girls (in the parish of Christ Church, Sparkbrook, ( until 1951 ) 1927; and the Uffculme Open Air School, Queensbridge Road 1952.  Established as a chapelery of Kings Norton late 14th c.


Neighbouring parishes

Aston, Yardley, Kings Norton, Northfield, Edgbaston


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Baptisms 1758 – 1960

Marriages 1853 – 1979

Burials 1761 1813 - 1944

B.M.S.G.H.- Register Copies

Fiche M118 – Baptisms 1761- 1841, burials 1762 - 1850  

Bishop’s Transcripts at Worcester

Commence 1795


Non Conformist


Baptist - Oxford Road Moseley

chapel was built in 1888 The church was founded by High Street Kings Heath, and the two chapels remained linked until 1905.In 1900 Oxford Road Moseley took over the supervision of Hope Street Highgate mission.


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department Marriages 1967 -1991


Friends - Moseley Road Moseley

institute opened in 1899. The institute was equipped as a centre for adult school and mission activity and comprised as well as the main hall, a lecture hall, a gymnasium and numerous classrooms. It united in one building work previously carried on at Moseley Road Board School 1882-9, Chandos Street Highgate and Upper Highgate Street Highgate.


Judism - Park Road Moseley

Synagogue at No.11 Park Road, was opened in 1954. A synagogue at the home for aged Jews No.22 Park Road was opened in 1926.


Other Churches and Missions - Park Road Moseley

All nations Evangelical Church was registered for public worship in 1958.


Presbyterian Meeting Houses and Unitarian and Free Christian Churches  - Yardley Wood Road Moseley

Church hall completed in 1928. The congregation originated in a mission meeting c.1908 in Dennis Road Council School. In 1955 the Moseley church was described as a mission of Waverley Road.


Presbyterians - Chantry Road Moseley

Chapel was built in 1896, and rebuilt in 1940.


Spiritualists - Woodstock Road St Paul’s Church Moseley

Was registered for public worship by the Christian Spiritualists in 1945.


Swedenborgians (new Jerusalem Church) - Alcester Road Moseley

Chapel was dedicated in 1909 for the use of a congregation, which had previously met in Tindal Street.


Gazetteer / Directory Entries


MOSELEY, a chapelery in the parish of KING’S NORTON, upper division of the hundred of HALFSHIRE, county of WORCESTER, 2 miles (S.) from Birmingham. The population is returned with the parish. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester, endowed with £100 private benefaction, £400 royal bounty, and £600 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Vicar of Bromsgrove. The chapel, dedicated to St Mary, has lately received an addition of three hundred and sixty-two sittings, of which two hundred and forty-seven are free, the Incorporated Society for the enlargement of churches and chapels having granted £250 towards defraying the expense. [Lewis 1831]