Click Here to go back to District Map
Acocks Green Allens Cross Ashted Aston (Gosta Green) Aston Aston (Juxta) Aston Brook Aston Manor Balsall Heath Bartley Green Bearwood Billesley Birchfield Birmingham Blackwell Bordesley (Camp Hill) Bordesley Bordesley Green Bournbrook Bournville Brandwood Bromford Brookfields California Castle Bromwich Cotteridge Deritend Duddeston Earlswood Edgbaston Erdington Great Barr Greet Hall Green Hamstead Handsworth Harborne Hay Mills Hazelwell Highgate Hockley Hodge Hill Kings Heath Kings Norton Kingstanding Ladywood Longbridge Lozells Moseley Nechells Newtown Northfield Olton Oscott Perry Barr Perry Beeches Pipe Hayes Quinton Rednal Rubery Saltley Selly Oak Shard End Sheldon Shenley Green Small Heath Smethwick Solihull South Yardley Sparkbrook Sparkhill Springfield Spring Hill Stechford Stirchley Summerfield Sutton Coldfield Ward End Washwood Heath West Heath Weoley Castle Winson Green Witton Yardley Yardley Wood RELIGIOUS HOUSES

Church of England Churches

Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII

Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E

C of E

Longbridge - Church of the Epiphany ( O S GR. )

Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Baptisms 1938-1952 (recorded in St Nicolas Church Kings Norton)


C of E

Longbridge - St John the Baptist Longbridge Lane / Turves Green Road ( O. S. GR. SP 017775 )

Consecrated in 1957 and a parish was assigned out of St Nicolas, Kings Norton, in the same year.


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Baptisms 1927-1992

Marriages 1957-1985


Non Conformist


Baptist - Turves Green Road  Longbridge

Baptist Church was registered for public worship in 1956. Baptist work was begun during the First World War among munitions workers living in a bungalow town near the Austin Factory and was pioneered by members of Northfield church. In 1922 the first chapel was opened in Hawkesly Crescent Turves Green where a church was formed in 1931. In 1954 it was decided to build a new chapel in Turves Green Road to serve a fast growing post war estate and the old building was moved en bloc and placed alongside the new .


Friends - Longbridge Lane Longbridge

Meetinghouse, built in 1878. Missionary activity at Longbridge appears to have started in 1877. In 1912 meeting were discontinued. The building was subsequently used by Christadelphian and Wesleyans, and was sold to the Christadelphian in 1953.


Lady Huntingdon’s Connexion -  Rednal Heath

Chapel was registered for worship by the minister of King Street Birmingham in 1832.


Methodists - Ryde Park Road  Longbridge

Chapel was bought in 1940 .The congregation had previously met at the Longbridge Co-operative Hall.