Click Here to go back to District Map
Acocks Green Allens Cross Ashted Aston (Gosta Green) Aston Aston (Juxta) Aston Brook Aston Manor Balsall Heath Bartley Green Bearwood Billesley Birchfield Birmingham Blackwell Bordesley (Camp Hill) Bordesley Bordesley Green Bournbrook Bournville Brandwood Bromford Brookfields California Castle Bromwich Cotteridge Deritend Duddeston Earlswood Edgbaston Erdington Great Barr Greet Hall Green Hamstead Handsworth Harborne Hay Mills Hazelwell Highgate Hockley Hodge Hill Kings Heath Kings Norton Kingstanding Ladywood Longbridge Lozells Moseley Nechells Newtown Northfield Olton Oscott Perry Barr Perry Beeches Pipe Hayes Quinton Rednal Rubery Saltley Selly Oak Shard End Sheldon Shenley Green Small Heath Smethwick Solihull South Yardley Sparkbrook Sparkhill Springfield Spring Hill Stechford Stirchley Summerfield Sutton Coldfield Ward End Washwood Heath West Heath Weoley Castle Winson Green Witton Yardley Yardley Wood RELIGIOUS HOUSES

Church of England Churches

Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII

Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E

C of E

Kingstanding – St Luke Caversham Road / Peckham Road ( O. S. GR. SP 083947 )

St Luke’s church hall first stood as a temporary church from 1933 to serve the newly developed suburban Kingstanding. Consecrated 1937. A parish was assigned out of St John Perry Barr in 1933. Part of St Luke’s (outside the city boundary) was transferred to St Michael’s, Boldmere, and part of St John’s Perry Barr to St Luke’s in 1948. All Saint’s Mission Church Oscott, was transferred in 1948 to St Lukes in 1948 from St John’s Perry Barr.


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Baptisms 1933-1982

Marriages 1937-1982


C of E

Kingstanding – St Mark Bandywood Crescent / Lambeth Road ( O. S. GR. SP 073956 )

Dedicated in 1952; a Conventional District formerly attached to All Saint’s, Oscott, was attached to St Mark’s in 1952.


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Baptisms 1947-1991

Marriages 1955-1978


Non Conformist


Assemblies of God - Kings Road Kingstanding

Pentecostal Church registered for public worship in1946.


Baptist - Lambeth Road Kingstanding

John Bunyan hall was opened in 1948. The church formed in 1951 originated in mission work by members of Great King Street Hockley Peoples Chapel. Which had already in 1939 resulted in the establishment of a Sunday school in Kings Land Road Kingstanding School.


Brethren - Charlton Road  Kingstanding

Gospel hall was registered for public worship in 1938. It was not in use in 1957.


Church of Christ - Kingstanding

Meeting in hired premises was founded in 1944.


Congregationalists and Independents -  Brakenbury Road Kingstanding

Ebenezer Memorial Church was completed in 1934 to serve the population of new housing estates. The church was founded in 1927.


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department Baptism 1934 -1974

Marriage 1934 - 1974


Elim Church - Warren Road Kingstanding

Elim Church was opened in 1957. The church was a temporary building in 1937.


Hospitals - Princess Alice Orphanage Princes Alice Drive New Oscott


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department Baptism 1885 - 1973


Methodists - Kings Road Kingstanding

Chapel was completed shortly before 1937.Methodist mission work in the district started in 1934 when a temporary ‘House of Friendship’, was erected.


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department Baptism 1933- 1958


Methodists - Lambeth Road Kingstanding

Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department Baptism 1933 - 1958


Methodists - Witton Lodge Road Perry Common

Methodist Youth Centre was registered for public worship from 1945 to 1952.


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department Baptism 1941 - 1945


Other Churches and Missions -  Kettlehouse Road Kingstanding

Victory Gospel Hall was registered for public worship in 1940.


Other Churches and Missions - Mansel Road Kingstanding

Victory Gospel Hall was registered for public worship in 1954.


Salvation Army - Witton Lodge Road Witton

Hall was registered for public worship in 1951.


Roman Catholic


Christ the King Warren Farm Road ( O S GR SP0893 )

The mission was established in 1932, the church as opened in 1934.


St Margaret Mary Perry Common Road ( O S GR SP0992 )

The mission was established in 1926 and a permanent church was opened in 1937.