Click Here to go back to District Map
Acocks Green Allens Cross Ashted Aston (Gosta Green) Aston Aston (Juxta) Aston Brook Aston Manor Balsall Heath Bartley Green Bearwood Billesley Birchfield Birmingham Blackwell Bordesley (Camp Hill) Bordesley Bordesley Green Bournbrook Bournville Brandwood Bromford Brookfields California Castle Bromwich Cotteridge Deritend Duddeston Earlswood Edgbaston Erdington Great Barr Greet Hall Green Hamstead Handsworth Harborne Hay Mills Hazelwell Highgate Hockley Hodge Hill Kings Heath Kings Norton Kingstanding Ladywood Longbridge Lozells Moseley Nechells Newtown Northfield Olton Oscott Perry Barr Perry Beeches Pipe Hayes Quinton Rednal Rubery Saltley Selly Oak Shard End Sheldon Shenley Green Small Heath Smethwick Solihull South Yardley Sparkbrook Sparkhill Springfield Spring Hill Stechford Stirchley Summerfield Sutton Coldfield Ward End Washwood Heath West Heath Weoley Castle Winson Green Witton Yardley Yardley Wood RELIGIOUS HOUSES

Church of England Churches

Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII

Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E

C of E

Kings Heath - All Saints High Street / Vicarage Road ( O. S. GR. SP 074817 )

Erected 1859. A parish was assigned out of St Nicolas’s Kings Norton and St Mary’s Moseley in 1863. Parts of the parishes of St Mary Magdeline, Hazelwell 1932 and Holy Cross Billesley Common 1937, were taken from this parish. The Bethany Mission House, Kings Road; was opened in 1912 and is perhaps to be associated with the St Mary Magdeline Mission Hall, licensed for public worship in 1915. Which was replaced by the consecrated church of St Mary Magdeline, Hazewell.


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Baptisms 1860-1969

Marriages 1863 -1970

Burials 1863-1936


Non Conformist


Baptist - High Street Kings Heath

Chapel was built in 1816 and rebuilt in 1872.A third chapel was completed in 1898. The church originated in 1813 as a branch of the general Baptist New Connexion church at Lombard Street Birmingham meeting in a cottage in High Street Kings Heath. A daughter chapel was opened in Oxford Road Moseley in 1888.


Bretheren - Open Bretheren - High Street Kings Heath

Hope Chapel was registered for public worship in 1924. A brethrens meeting is known to have existed, at Kings Heath in 1921. There was a meeting place in the High Street in 1957.


Christadelphians - Alcester Road Hall

Meetings were first held in 1924 when a room was hired at Alcester Lanes End. The ecclesia was associated with the Temperance Hall (later Midland Institute) group.


Christadelphians - Institute Road Kings Heath

Hall was registered for public worship in 1955. The ecclesia associated with the Masonic Hall Group, had a meeting place in Institute Road as early as 1906.


Methodists - Addison Road Kings Heath

Chapel was registered for public worship by the United Methodists in 1927. There was a bible Christian chapel on the site in 1908.


Methodists - Cambridge Road Kings Heath

Chapel was opened by the Wesleyans in 1887.


Methodists - Vicarage Road Hazelwell

Chapel was opened by the Wesleyans in 1910.


Other Churches and Missions - Addison Road Kings Heath

Union Church was registered for public worship in 1892.


Other Churches and Missions - Institute Road Kings Heath

Mission hall was registered for public worship in1913.


Spiritualists - Highbury Road Kings Heath

Meeting-rooms were registered for public worship in 1938.


Spiritualists - York Road Kings Heath

Spiritualists Church was registered for public worship by the national Spiritualists in 1942.


Roman Catholic


St Dunstan 1896 Kingsfield Road (O.S. GR. SP 0781)

The mission was established and an iron church was opened in Station Road in 1896. This was destroyed by bombing in 1941 and services were held in various places until the new church hall serving as a chapel, was opened in Kingsfield Road in 1953.