Click Here to go back to District Map
Acocks Green Allens Cross Ashted Aston (Gosta Green) Aston Aston (Juxta) Aston Brook Aston Manor Balsall Heath Bartley Green Bearwood Billesley Birchfield Birmingham Blackwell Bordesley (Camp Hill) Bordesley Bordesley Green Bournbrook Bournville Brandwood Bromford Brookfields California Castle Bromwich Cotteridge Deritend Duddeston Earlswood Edgbaston Erdington Great Barr Greet Hall Green Hamstead Handsworth Harborne Hay Mills Hazelwell Highgate Hockley Hodge Hill Kings Heath Kings Norton Kingstanding Ladywood Longbridge Lozells Moseley Nechells Newtown Northfield Olton Oscott Perry Barr Perry Beeches Pipe Hayes Quinton Rednal Rubery Saltley Selly Oak Shard End Sheldon Shenley Green Small Heath Smethwick Solihull South Yardley Sparkbrook Sparkhill Springfield Spring Hill Stechford Stirchley Summerfield Sutton Coldfield Ward End Washwood Heath West Heath Weoley Castle Winson Green Witton Yardley Yardley Wood RELIGIOUS HOUSES

Church of England Churches

Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII

Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E

C of E

Duddeston - St Anne Cato Street / Devon Street ( O S GR. SP 091883 )

Consecrated in 1869. A parish was assigned out of St Mathew’s, Duddeston in 1986 .The church was closed in 1951 and the benefice was united with that of St Mathew Duddeston. A mission room in Great Francis Street was licensed for public worship from 1908 –1926.

Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Baptisms 1870-1951

Marriages 1870-1951

Marriages recorded after 1841were performed firstly in St Johns Mission Church Dolman Street.  


C of E

Duddeston – St Lawrence Dartmouth Street ( O. S. GR. SP 0788 approx )

Consecrated in 1868, when a parish was assigned out of St Matthew’s, Duddeston. The church was closed in 1951, and the benefice united with that of St Matthew, Duddeston.

Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Baptisms 1868-1949

Marriages 1868-1951


C of E

Duddeston - St Matthew Great Lister Street ( O S GR. SP 0988 approx )

A parish was assigned out of St Peter & St Paul’s Aston in 1842, parts of the parish were taken to form the parishes of St Clement, Nechells (1860), St Lawrence, Birmingham (1868), St Anne, Duddeston (1869), and part of the parish of St Mary, Aston Brook (1864). In 1851 a united benefice was formed by the union of the benefices of St Anne, Duddseton, St Catherine, Nechells, and St Lawrence, Birmingham, with that of St Matthews. A mission room in Coleman Street was licensed for public worship 1908 –26. Due to state of disrepair of St Matthew’s Church from 1990 marriages in the parish were performed variously at St Marks Church Washwood Heath 1990 –1993, St Peter & St Paul’s Church Aston 1991 – 1993, St Saviour’s Church Saltley 1991 – 1992 and St Martin’s Church Birmingham 1992

Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Baptisms 1840-1994

Marriages 1850-1998

Burials 1841-1957


Due to the state of St Matthews Church from 1990 marriages in the Parish were performed variously at ....

St Marks Washwood Heath 1990 – 1993

St Peter St Paul’s Aston 1991 –1992

St Martins Birmingham 1992.

The above register was official closed 1993. When the churches licence for performances of marriage terminated.  


Non Conformists


Church of Christ - Great Francis Street Duddeston

A chapel a brick building was in use in 1885 was built for a church formed in 1873.


Friends - Windsor Street Duddeston

William White Memorial Scholl, opened in 1906. It was closed shortly after 1950 to make way for a corporation development scheme.


Other Churches and Missions - Great Francis Street Duddeston

Gospel Hall formerly a Salvation Army barracks was registered for public worship from 1916 to 1925.


Other Churches and Missions - Park Place Warwick Street Duddeston

Working men’s mission was registered for public worship in 1958.


Other Churches and Missions - Saltley Road Gospel Message Mission Duddeston

Was registered for public worship in 1934.


Salvation Army - Great Francis Street Duddeston,

Hall was registered for public worship from 1901 to 1915.