Church of England Churches
Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII
Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E
C of E
Cotteridge - St Agnes Pershore Road ( O S GR. SP 048797 )
St Agnes originates out of a church room which was licensed as a mission of St Nicolas, Kings Norton in 1898. The new church was consecrated in 1903 as a chapel of ease to St Nicolas’s. A parish assigned out of St Nicolas, Kings Norton in 1916 . Part of the parish was taken to form part of Holy Cross, Billesley was formed out of this parish 1937
Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department
Brethren - Dell Road Cotteridge
gospel hall was registered for public worship in 1922 but is known to have been in use the previous year. It was open in 1957.
Friends - Watford Road Cotteridge
Meetinghouse, opened in 1901. The congregation was founded in the same year by members of the Hazelwell Street meeting.
Methodists - Pershore Road Kings Norton
Wesleyan chapel was opened in 1902. It appears to have replaced a ‘Cotteridge’ chapel registered for public worship in 1894.
Serbian Orthodox Church - Middleton Hall Road Cotteridge
Church of St Lazar was registered for public worship in 1955, and occupied the converted ground floor of a house. In 1957 plans were approved for a new church BOURNVILLE. The congregation may be said to have been founded at Christmas 1951, when the Revd Radovan Milkovich conducted a service at St Martin’s Church. The church serves living in the Birmingham , West Bromwich and Oldbury districts.