Click Here to go back to District Map
Acocks Green Allens Cross Ashted Aston (Gosta Green) Aston Aston (Juxta) Aston Brook Aston Manor Balsall Heath Bartley Green Bearwood Billesley Birchfield Birmingham Blackwell Bordesley (Camp Hill) Bordesley Bordesley Green Bournbrook Bournville Brandwood Bromford Brookfields California Castle Bromwich Cotteridge Deritend Duddeston Earlswood Edgbaston Erdington Great Barr Greet Hall Green Hamstead Handsworth Harborne Hay Mills Hazelwell Highgate Hockley Hodge Hill Kings Heath Kings Norton Kingstanding Ladywood Longbridge Lozells Moseley Nechells Newtown Northfield Olton Oscott Perry Barr Perry Beeches Pipe Hayes Quinton Rednal Rubery Saltley Selly Oak Shard End Sheldon Shenley Green Small Heath Smethwick Solihull South Yardley Sparkbrook Sparkhill Springfield Spring Hill Stechford Stirchley Summerfield Sutton Coldfield Ward End Washwood Heath West Heath Weoley Castle Winson Green Witton Yardley Yardley Wood RELIGIOUS HOUSES

Church of England Churches

Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII

Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E

Non Conformist


Brethren - Tiverton Road Bournbrook

Gospel hall was registered for public worship in 1895 and is probably identifiable with the Selly Oak Hall .


Congregationalists & Independents -  Dartmouth Road Bournbrook

Church hall was built in 1932. The church was formed in 1894 and in 1902 when services were being held in a corrugated iron building. For some years after 1902 Dartmouth Road Bournbrook was a mission of Francis Road.

Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Marriages 1935 - 1965


Elim Church - Alton Road Bournbrook

Elim Church formerly an un-denominational mission, was acquired in 1944. The congregation founded from Graham Street, Birmingham had formerly met in a hired hall.

Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Marriage 1874 - 1982


Friends - Dawlish Road Bournbrook

Mission hall opened in 1909, and may have replaced a meeting in Tiverton Road Bournbrook  registered for worship in 1900. The hall was closed in 1938.


Methodists - Elmdon Road Bournbrook

Chapel, was opened by members of Selly oak ( Bristol Road ) Primitive Methodist church in 1901.  

Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Marriage 1929 - 1939