Click Here to go back to District Map
Acocks Green Allens Cross Ashted Aston (Gosta Green) Aston Aston (Juxta) Aston Brook Aston Manor Balsall Heath Bartley Green Bearwood Billesley Birchfield Birmingham Blackwell Bordesley (Camp Hill) Bordesley Bordesley Green Bournbrook Bournville Brandwood Bromford Brookfields California Castle Bromwich Cotteridge Deritend Duddeston Earlswood Edgbaston Erdington Great Barr Greet Hall Green Hamstead Handsworth Harborne Hay Mills Hazelwell Highgate Hockley Hodge Hill Kings Heath Kings Norton Kingstanding Ladywood Longbridge Lozells Moseley Nechells Newtown Northfield Olton Oscott Perry Barr Perry Beeches Pipe Hayes Quinton Rednal Rubery Saltley Selly Oak Shard End Sheldon Shenley Green Small Heath Smethwick Solihull South Yardley Sparkbrook Sparkhill Springfield Spring Hill Stechford Stirchley Summerfield Sutton Coldfield Ward End Washwood Heath West Heath Weoley Castle Winson Green Witton Yardley Yardley Wood RELIGIOUS HOUSES

Church of England Churches

Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII

Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E

C of E

Bordesley Green - St Benedict Hob  Moor Road / Burlington Road  (O. S.  GR. SP 109863 )

Began as a temporary church in Holman Road opened in 1898 as a mission church of St Oswald’s, Bordesley. Consecrated in 1910 and a parish was assigned out of St Oswald’s in the same year.

Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Baptisms 1898-1976

Marriages 1910-1989

Burials 1910-1983

Confirmation 1908 - 1952


C of E

Bordesley Green - St Paul’s ( Mission  Room ) Finnemore Road / Belchers  Lane ( O. S. GR. SP 113869 )

Was licensed as a mission church of St Margaret’s, Ward End in 1912. Consecrated in 1929. A parish was assigned out of St Margaret’s, Ward End in 1928

Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Baptisms 1911-1969

Marriages 1919-1976

Burials 1975 single entry


Non Conformist


Baptist - Victoria Street Bordesley  Green

Chapel (formerly known as Victoria Street Small Heath) was built in 1876, and extensively rebuilt in 1920 and 1924. Mission work began in the district in 1873 . In 1891 the first church moved to Coventry Road and a new church was formed in the Victoria Street chapel. Daughter chapels or missions opened from Victoria Street were Coventry Road 1891, Blakeland Street 1892, George Arthur Road Saltley 1893, Garrison Lane Bordesley, Greenway Street Small Heath ( later handed over to Coventry Road ) Hay Mills and Farmcote Road Bordesley Green 1949.


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department Marriages 1923 - 1982


Baptist - Yardley Green Road  Bordesley Green

Newbridge Baptist chapel was completed in 1930. The church was formed in 1928 to provide a place of worship for the new housing development between Small Heath, Stechford and Yardley.


Friends - Blakeland Street Bordesley  Green

Little Bromwich hall was opened in 1923. Adult school and Sunday school work has begun in the district in 1906, and was accommodated at first in a converted shop.


Friends - Green Lane Bordesley Green

Institute was used by Friends meeting from 1908 to 1941. The premises were sold in 1942. The meeting appears to have preceded by an adult school held in 1899 and 1906 in the Little Green Lane Council School.