Click Here to go back to District Map
Acocks Green Allens Cross Ashted Aston (Gosta Green) Aston Aston (Juxta) Aston Brook Aston Manor Balsall Heath Bartley Green Bearwood Billesley Birchfield Birmingham Blackwell Bordesley (Camp Hill) Bordesley Bordesley Green Bournbrook Bournville Brandwood Bromford Brookfields California Castle Bromwich Cotteridge Deritend Duddeston Earlswood Edgbaston Erdington Great Barr Greet Hall Green Hamstead Handsworth Harborne Hay Mills Hazelwell Highgate Hockley Hodge Hill Kings Heath Kings Norton Kingstanding Ladywood Longbridge Lozells Moseley Nechells Newtown Northfield Olton Oscott Perry Barr Perry Beeches Pipe Hayes Quinton Rednal Rubery Saltley Selly Oak Shard End Sheldon Shenley Green Small Heath Smethwick Solihull South Yardley Sparkbrook Sparkhill Springfield Spring Hill Stechford Stirchley Summerfield Sutton Coldfield Ward End Washwood Heath West Heath Weoley Castle Winson Green Witton Yardley Yardley Wood RELIGIOUS HOUSES

Church of England Churches

Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII

Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E

C of E

Bordesley ( Camp Hill ) - Holy Trinity  Stratford Road (O.S. GR SP 084859 )

Consecrated in 1823. A parish was assigned out of St Peter & St Paul, Aston in 1864. The parishes of Christ Church, Sparkbrook (1867) St Alban, Bordesley (1871), and All Saints, Small Heath 1875, were formed out of this parish. And part of it was transferred to the parish of St Basil, Deritend in 1896. There were mission rooms licensed for public worship in Leopold Street, Cooksley Road 1875 –1907, Miles Street 1908-39, Moseley Road and Highgate Place (1913 - 21, when transferred to St Albans’s) and Warwick Street 1928 – 36.


Neighbouring parishes  

Deritend, Castle Bromwich, Yardley, Edgbaston, Birmingham


Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department

Baptisms 1823 – 1965

Marriages 1864 – 1965

Burials 1823 - 1825

Banns 1864 – 1964

Register of service 1883 –1890 1843 - 1951

Bishop’s Transcripts at Lichfield

Baptisms 1823 – 1835

Burials 1834 - 1835


Gazetteer/Directory Entries


BORDESLEY, a chapelery in the parish of ASTON, Birmingham division of the hundred of HEMLINGFORD, county of WARWICK. The population is returned with the parish. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Coventry, and the diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, and in the patronage of the Vicar of Aston. The chapel, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, is in the later style of English architecture; it was built in 1820, at an expense of £12,722.15.6., which was raised by subscription among the inhabitants, aided by a grant from the parliamentary commissioners. This was formerly a small hamlet, consisting only of detached houses, but from its proximity to Birmingham, it has become an integral part of that town, and participates largely in its trade, manufactures and institutions. An hospital for about twelve poor persons, an apartment in which is used for a chapel, has been built by Mr Dowell, who appoints the inmates, but no permanent provision for their support has yet been made. [Lewis 1831]