Church of England Churches
Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII
Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E
C of E
Billesley - Holy Cross Brigfield Road / Colemeadow Road ( O.S GR. 084807 )
Consecrated in 1937 when a parish was assigned out of Christ Church, Yardley Wood, St Agnes, Cotteridge, All Saints, Kings Heath.
Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department
Baptisms 1935-1967 (1935 –1945 includes baptism of TMW Webster 1944 at St Lawrence)
Baptist - Brook Lane Billesley
Chapel was opened in 1928. The church originated in mission work about 1897 by High Street, Kings Heath chapel.
Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department Baptisms 1750 -1837
Burials – deaths 1794-1834
Church of Christ - Yardley Wood Road Billesley
Schoolroom was opened in 1931 for a church formed two years previously. The meeting was discontinued in 1948 and the building was subsequently re-opened as a Full Gospel Church.
Full Gospel Churches - Yardley Wood Road Billesley
Tabernacle formerly belonging to the churches of Christ was registered for public worship in 1948.
Methodists - Trittiford Road Billesley
Chapel was built by the Wesleyans in 1928.The congregation had previously held services at the council school.
Our Lady of Lourdes Trittiford Road ( O S GR SP0980)
The mission was established in 1931. The church a brick school hall, was opened in 1935. From 1951 a priest from here also celebrated mass at Glenavon Road Warstock / Yardley Wood.