Church of England Churches
Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII
Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E
C of E
Bartley Green - St Michael & All Angels Field Lane (O.S.GR. 998819)
Consecrated in 1840. It was a chapel of ease to St Laurence, Northfield until 1933 when it became a chapel of ease to St Gabriel’s, Weoley Castle. A Conventional District was attached to St Michael’s in 1950, and this became a parish in 1956.
Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department
Brethren - Jiggins Lane Bartley Green Gospel hall was opened in 1922,
Methodists - Adams Hill Bartley Green
Ebenezer Chapel was built by Primitive Methodists in 1866, possibly for a congregation reported in 1851 as worshipping at Bartley Green. The chapel was in use in 1940.
Methodists - Woodgate Valley Pastoral Centre Northfield
Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department Baptism 1951 – 1962 Marriages 1927 - 1952